To support our URSTRONG Families and Schools, we are working hard to develop a growing library of friendship-themed activities. Research shows that social connection is the most powerful antidote to stress and anxiety. We are committed to helping bring positivity, fun, and friendship to kids around the globe.
Each week we will add new, fun resources that kids can do at home to tap into that sense of belonging, community, and connection. You can search under the category Keeping Kids Connected or check back here to watch our collection grow.
HOT OFF THE PRESS:
- Green-Time Scavenger Hunt – Send your kids outdoors for some green-time with this one!
- The Big Friendship Reveal – Kids will love surprising their friends with this invisible art project.
- Music & Magic – Help your child get some feelings out with this music-inspired activity.
- Frabble – When you mix Friendship with Scrabble, you get…FRABBLE!
- Time Warp Capsule – Help your kids capture the many beautiful and unique moments they are experiencing.
- Thanks a BUNCH – Is there someone that you could say thank you to right now? Let’s give thanks to a teacher, nurse, bestie, or neighbour!
- My Beautiful One – For our littlest Friendship Ninjas, sometimes a poem and a cuddle are just what the doctor ordered.
- Friendship ROX – What do you get when you combine a rock found on a nature walk with a heartfelt message for your bestie? Friendship ROX, of course!
- Message in a Bottle – Forget text, Snapchat, or TikTok… We’re going old school on this one with a message in a bottle!
- Together-Apart – Want a list of fun, easy ways that kids can feel connected? Sometimes keeping it simple is the way to go.
Did you know we are teaching regular live lessons on friendship? Register your child in our virtual URSTRONG Classroom where they will get a chance to hang out with other kids from around the world + learn from our team of Friendship Experts.
OTHER FUN, RELEVANT ACTIVITIES IN OUR LIBRARY:
- URSTRONG Colouring Sheet – Sometimes a bit of colouring-in goes a long way to help us reflect on our friendships.
- Create a Natural Friend-o-meter – Fresh air? Yes please. Get your child outside for this one to remind them there are Friend-o-meters all around!
- Make a Calm Down Kit – Encourage your child to create a toolkit of items that help them calm down when they’re overwhelmed with big emotions.
- A Letter from Your Strong Self – “I’m not good at this!” or “I suck!” Does your child get stuck in negative self-talk? Let’s tap them into their inner strength!
- Big Emotions Snow Globe – If your child is having an emotional storm, let’s teach them to *stop* and let the big feelings settle – like snowflakes falling to the ground.
- Food Friend-o-meter – Who would have thought chips, popcorn, and candy could help us learn about friendships!? Let’s get in the kitchen for this activity!
- Be Your Own BFF – No half-heart necklaces here! There is only one BFF (Best Friend Forever) and that’s yo’self! #Besties4Life
- The Drive Home Show – Need to spice up your chats? Here’s a great list of interesting convo-starters.
- Clouds & Rainbows – Is your child gloomy? We all have ‘Cloudy Days’ once and a while, but let’s teach your child how to *sing in the rain* and clear the clouds!
- Unwrapping Your Gifts – Grab your tissues because this activity will tug at your heartstrings… & your child needs to hear you say these things!
- Tune in to Happy Vision – Don’t worry, be happy! Let’s keep your child’s inner TV tuned in to Happy Vision with this fun, artsy visionboard project.
- Where am I in this Picture? – If your child is feeling BIG emotions, let’s activate their imagination to help them feel better.
- Your Child’s Emotional Piggy Bank – Have you heard of the 5:1 ratio? Check out these easy ways to make positive investments in your child’s mental health.