Educators at URSTRONG Schools with our GOOD, GREAT or BEST FRIENDS membership tiers are invited to attend our LIVE online introductory and wrap-up sessions!
NOTE: This session will take place at 4:00pm (Sydney/Melbourne). Can’t attend live? No problem – we’ll send you a link to the recording.
Dana Kerford (Founder & Friendship Expert) & Tyson Greenwood (Director & Implementation Expert) will share how URSTRONG Schools are enhancing the social-emotional wellbeing of children through friendship skills. Educators will learn URSTRONG’s language, skills, and strategies along with the research supporting SEL (social-emotional learning) and evidence behind URSTRONG’s impact in schools globally.
Friendology Educator Training is a blended learning model, combining live classes with video sessions and follow-up activities. The training includes:
- LIVE on Zoom (Tues 6 Feb): INTRO – Tyson or Dana will kick-off training in this interactive online session. Register now to receive the zoom link!
- Video: The Science of Friendships – exploring the science behind social-emotional wellbeing and why friendship skills must be prioritized in schools.
- Video: The Language of Friendship – a detailed overview of URSTRONG’s core concepts, including the language and skills that are central to our whole-school friendship strategy.
- Video: Friendology 101 – showing educators how to utilise our curriculum, Friendology 101, as a school-wide friendship framework. Educators will learn how to access the curriculum online, along with hundreds of lesson plans to enhance students’ friendship skills.
- Video: Transforming into a URSTRONG School – guiding educators to craft an implementation plan, plus review the supporting documents available to URSTRONG Schools.
- LIVE on Zoom (Tues 5 Mar): WRAP-UP – Tyson or Dana will get you to apply your learning to real-life scenarios and ensure you’re ready to go!
Note: All training videos can be accessed under the TRAINING page when you log-in to your account.
For our live sessions, we require that teachers are on individual devices with their screens on so they can engage via chat + play games! When you register to attend, you will receive an email with the zoom link. Please forward those details onto your team!
Please also take a peek at the Preparing for Training with URSTRONG document. It’s a step-by-step guide to help you map out a perfect plan for your school. You’ll also see a sample schedule + template to help you lead your team on this journey.
Please ensure your teachers have watched the training videos prior to the wrap-up session scheduled on TUESDAY 5 MARCH at 4:00 to 5:30PM. You will receive another email with a zoom link for this session closer to the day!