During this uneasy time, our primary goal is: Keeping Kids Connected. Research shows us that social connection is the most powerful antidote to stress and anxiety. We are committed to helping bring positivity, fun, and friendship to kids around the globe.
One thing is for sure…nothing matters more to kids than their friends and there are lots of creative ways kids can feel together while apart. Here are few fun, easy ways that kids can feel connected to their friends:
- Write a letter to a friend
- Draw or paint a picture of your fave memory with your friends
- Have a pyjama party with a friend on FaceTime
- Write a story using your friends as the main characters
- Make a TikTok video about friendship
- Design a poster with a message for your friend –get your parents to drive by your friend’s house, honking, and holding the sign
- Set up a Netflix Party and watch a movie together
- Have a Lip-Sync Battle with your friends – film yourself lip-syncing and then send it to your friends
- Listen to songs about friendship, like the Friendology playlist on Spotify
- Invent a game that you can play with your friend online
- Start a Book Club – read the same book and then chat about it afterwards
- Write a poem about friendship – maybe an acrostic poem, rhyming poem, or limerick
- Use Messenger, Zoom, or Google Hangouts to invite a group of friends to share funny jokes + memes
- Invite a friend to pop by your house for a Together-Apart Game like a water fight or snowball fight
- Join our virtual URSTRONG Classroom with live lessons on friendship!
Sometimes keeping things simple is the best way to go. Maybe you print this list out and tell your child to choose one? Or, pick one you know your child would be excited about and send them on their merry way. Do they need some motivation? Turn it into a challenge or a competition. Choose what works for you and your family and watch your child bring it to life!