- Access to select articles, video quick tips, activities, lesson plans and more
- URSTRONG newsletter
- Notifications of workshops in your area
- Discounts on school workshop bookings and teacher training
- Premium resources including Mean-on-Purpose behaviour tracking tool, student wellbeing assessment tools and much more!
- School-wide license for Friendology 101 including video series to be used for in-class delivery or teacher training
- Classroom posters and additional educational support resources
- Inclusion in URSTRONG’s Impact Study with pre- and post-assessments and customized reporting
- Exclusive access to educator webinars hosted by Dana Kerford
Friendship Sandwich: Caught in the Middle
Glossary of Terms
At URSTRONG, we believe it’s important to use kids’ language for kids’ problems. That’s why we have our very own, unique language of friendship. Here are some important terms that children, parents, and teachers learn in our program.
Friendship Fire®: Any situation between you and a friend that results in negative feelings.
Mean-on-Purpose: When someone is intentionally unkind to someone else.
Quick Comeback: A very short word or phrase that is used when someone is Mean-on-Purpose. Quick Comebacks are designed to let the other person know that you heard/saw what they did and you’re not okay with it.
Friend-o-meter: A visual tool that assesses the health of friendships, ranging from the healthy zone to the unhealthy zone.
Friend-o-cycle: The normal cycle in a friendship that brings the friendship back to the healthy zone after experiencing a Friendship Fire. The phases of the Friend-o-cycle are: Healthy Friendship – Fire – Confront the issue – Talk-it-Out – Forgive & Forget – Closer & Stronger – Healthy Friendship…
4 Friendship Facts: A set of four facts that help us have realistic expectations in our friendships so we understand what is normal.
- No friendship (relationship) is perfect.
- Every friendship is different.
- Trust & Respect are the two most important qualities of a friendship.
- Friendships change…and that’s okay.
Red Shirt Girl and Striped Shirt Boy: Two characters that remind us about the importance of body language.
Friendship Ninja: A Friendship Ninja is someone who surrounds themselves with friends in the healthy zone of the Friend-o-meter. A Friendship Ninja is kind and friendly to everyone. A Friendship Ninja understands the 4 Friendship Facts and puts out their Friendship Fires when they ignite. A Friendship Ninja stands up for themselves and their friends. A Friendship Ninja makes new friends and understands that friendships change…and that’s okay. Above all else, a Friendship Ninja is someone you want to be friends with because they’re true to who they are!
Not ready to join
just yet? That’s ok!
We’d love to stay in touch & send you our monthly newsletter with helpful tips + what’s new at URSTRONG!
Just a heads up!
We noticed that you only selected one ticket for a Language of Friendship (parent-child) workshop. Just a reminder that you need to purchase tickets for everyone attending the workshop.
Just a heads up!
Prompt about free adult ticket coupon code. Curabitur nec nunc ut augue tincidunt interdum quis a diam. Suspendisse vel justo vitae mauris sodales commodo. Nullam dapibus nisi mi, id lobortis urna scelerisque ac. Duis auctor enim sit amet quam lacinia malesuada.