This video is designed to show to all the students at an assembly or in their individual classrooms to kick-off your special event.
In this video, Dana (and Moosey) remind the students:
- What it means to be a Friendship Ninja
- The difference between a Friendship Fire & Mean-on-Purpose
- Why we don’t use the word “bullying”
- To surround themselves with friends in the green zone on the Friend-o-Meter
- And, the importance of being KIND + STRONG
With any sort of event related to “bullying”, it is very important that our URSTRONG Schools are being mindful that our curriculum does not use that word (because it is confusing for children).
At URSTRONG, we believe in a positive psychology, strengths-based approach. This means, we focus on what we want the kids to do (e.g. kindness, respect, friendship, put out Friendship Fires, Quick Comebacks in response to Mean-on-Purpose behavior) versus what we don’t want them to do (e.g. “Don’t bully!”).
We hope this video serves as a positive, uplifting addition to your event.