Please note: pricing is $995 for a single teacher from a new school and includes URSTRONG School membership. The rate for additional teachers and all teachers from existing URSTRONG Schools is $495 – please use the code URSTRONGSCHOOL when registering.
Educators are invited to attend this four week professional learning course to become a certified instructor of the leading social-emotional development program, Friendology 101, directly from our Founder, Dana Kerford.
Dana will share how URSTRONG is enhancing the social-emotional wellbeing of children through friendship skills. Educators will learn URSTRONG’s language, skills, and strategies along with the research supporting SEL (social-emotional learning) and evidence behind URSTRONG’s impact in schools globally.
Classes will take place weekly on Thursdays from 4.00pm to 5.30pm (AEST, Sydney/Melbourne) starting on 4 June and they’ll be supplemented with one-on-one support for implementing Friendology 101. Recordings will be available for a short time after the live session for participants who aren’t able to attend a live class.
- Session 1 on Thursday, 4 June: The Science of Friendships session explores the science behind social-emotional wellbeing and why friendship skills must be prioritized in schools.
- Session 2 on Thursday, 11 June: The Language of Friendship session provides an overview of URSTRONG’s core concepts, including the language and skills that are central to our whole-school friendship strategy.
- Session 3 on Thursday, 18 June: Friendology 101 session shows educators how to utilise URSTRONG’s flagship curriculum, Friendology 101, as a framework. Educators will learn how to access the curriculum online, along with hundreds of resources to enrich the curriculum.
- Session 4 on Thursday, 25 June: Transforming into a URSTRONG School session will help educators craft an implementation plan, plus review the supporting documents available to URSTRONG Schools.
This professional development opportunity includes:
- A whole-school URSTRONG School membership
- Friendology 101 curriculum for students in Years 1 to 6 and site-license including: Facilitator’s Guide, Lesson Plans, Handouts, Letters to Parents, Digital Presentations, Teaching Notes, Student Certificates, and Pre & Post Assessments
- Premium Educator Membership for our online library of resources including videos, lesson plans, and exclusive member-only activities and events. This membership also includes access to our Friendology 101 Video Series.
- Dana Kerford will present the latest research on social-emotional learning (SEL), wellbeing, and the background research that supports URSTRONG’s strengths-based, Positive Psychology approach
- Extensive training on the in-school curriculum, including best practices and common questions
- Ongoing support from Dana and our team of Presenters and inclusion in a private Facebook Group with other Friendology 101 educators around the world
Please Note: This professional development event is designed for educators working in schools with students from Years 1 to 6 who are passionate about social-emotional wellbeing and character education. It is specifically designed for teachers who will be using our in-school curriculum, Friendology 101. Registration comes with one site-license (for one school) and our in-school programming must be delivered by qualified teaching professionals, as outlined in the Friendology 101 License Agreement. If you are a program leader, psychologist, counsellor, or coach who is not employed directly by a school, please contact us at email@example.com to determine your eligibility.
Discounted pricing offered to URSTRONG Schools and schools wanting to send more than one teacher. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get a quote for your school!