Please note: pricing is $495 per teacher from an existing URSTRONG School. If you’re not already a URSTRONG please join by clicking here ($795 for membership) or feel free to contact us at email@example.com or calling 0450 564 107 to learn about URSTRONG School membership or group training rates.
Also: we’ve extended the registration deadline to reflect a training model that includes 2 video sessions that teachers can watch at their convenience and 2 live, on-line sessions that will take place on Monday, 14 June and Monday, 21 June. This revised training model reflects the feedback of training participants and better suits the needs of the 40+ educators already registered for this event.
Educators are invited to attend this four week professional learning course to become a certified instructor of the leading social-emotional development program, Friendology 101, directly from our Founder, Dana Kerford.
Dana will share how URSTRONG is enhancing the social-emotional wellbeing of children through friendship skills. Educators will learn URSTRONG’s language, skills, and strategies along with the research supporting SEL (social-emotional learning) and evidence behind URSTRONG’s impact in schools globally.
Classes will take place weekly on Mondays from 4.00pm to 5.30pm (AEDT, Sydney/Melbourne) starting on 24 May 2021. Recordings will be available after the sessions for participants who aren’t able to attend a live class. Educators will also be invited to a Q&A following the training scheduled at a suitable time for educators in North America.
- Session 1 (video): The Science of Friendships session explores the science behind social-emotional wellbeing and why friendship skills must be prioritized in schools.
- Session 2 (video): The Language of Friendship session provides an overview of URSTRONG’s core concepts, including the language and skills that are central to our whole-school friendship strategy.
- Session 3 on Monday, 14 June: Friendology 101 session shows educators how to utilise URSTRONG’s flagship curriculum, Friendology 101, as a framework. Educators will learn how to access the curriculum online, along with hundreds of resources to enrich the curriculum.
- Session 4 on Monday, 21 June: Transforming into a URSTRONG School session will help educators craft an implementation plan, plus review the supporting documents available to URSTRONG Schools.
This professional development opportunity includes:
- A whole-school URSTRONG School membership
- Friendology 101 curriculum for students in Years 1 to 6 and site-license including: Facilitator’s Guide, Lesson Plans, Handouts, Letters to Parents, Digital Presentations, Teaching Notes, Student Certificates, and Pre & Post Assessments
- Premium Educator Membership for our online library of resources including videos, lesson plans, and exclusive member-only activities and events. This membership also includes access to our Friendology 101 Video Series.
- Dana Kerford will present the latest research on social-emotional learning (SEL), wellbeing, and the background research that supports URSTRONG’s strengths-based, Positive Psychology approach
- Extensive training on the in-school curriculum, including best practices and common questions
- Ongoing support from Dana and our team of Presenters and inclusion in a private Facebook Group with other Friendology 101 educators around the world
Please Note: This professional development event is designed for educators working in schools with students from Years 1 to 6 who are passionate about social-emotional wellbeing and character education. It is specifically designed for teachers who will be using our in-school curriculum, Friendology 101. Registration comes with one site-license (for one school) and our in-school programming must be delivered by qualified teaching professionals, as outlined in the Friendology 101 License Agreement. If you are a program leader, psychologist, counsellor, or coach who is not employed directly by a school, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to determine your eligibility.
Discounted pricing offered to URSTRONG Schools and schools wanting to send more than one teacher. Please contact us at email@example.com to get a quote for your school!