Language of Friendship Junior (Parent-Child) Workshop at Battalion Park School
- Date: Thursday February 22, 2018 — 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm
- Location: 369 Sienna Park Drive SW, Calgary, AB, Canada
- Venue: Battalion Park School
- Presenter: Lisa Jones
- Price: $25/person
Share this event
Please list ALL attendees you will be purchasing tickets for below and click 'Register for this event'.
Note: A ticket is required for each attendee.
Through fun role-play with teddy bears, children learn the basics of friendship including the 4 Friendship Facts, qualities of a GREAT friend, and how to use the Friend-o-meter to understand the difference between healthy and unhealthy friendships. We also practice, step-by-step, how to put out Friendship Fires™ by putting a voice to our feelings. Parents learn the URSTRONG lingo, get involved in role-play activities, and come away with strategies to support their children through hurt feelings with friends.
- A purchased registration is required for each adult and each child that attends this event.
- Please note: family tickets are available. For families with more than 2 participants please list the names of additional parents or children in the comments field.
- Girls and Boys are to bring along a toy to the workshop (i.e. teddy bear, Minecraft Creeper, doll etc.)
- This workshop is for girls and boys in grades 1 and 2 and their parents.
- A minimum of 25 participants is required. A reimbursement will be issued if this event is canceled. Also, if you can no longer attend after you register, a full refund will be issued if notified PRIOR to the event.