Friendology 101 SUMMIT: Professional Development & Training in Sydney, NSW, Australia
- Date: Friday April 6, 2018 — 8.00am to 4.00pm
- Location: Boundary Street, Croydon, NSW, Australia
- Venue: Presbyterian Ladies' College, Sydney
- Presenter: Dana Kerford
- Price: $995/person
Share this event
You can no longer register for this event.
Educators are invited to attend this full-day professional learning course in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia to become a certified instructor of the leading social-emotional development program, Friendology 101, directly from our Founder, Dana Kerford.
- Friendology 101 curriculum for students in Years 1 to 6 and site-license to use in your school, including: Facilitator’s Guide, Lesson Plans, Handouts, Letters to Parents, Digital Presentations, Teaching Notes, Student Certificates, and Pre & Post Assessments.
- Note: The program for students in Years 3 to 6 is a series of 8 sessions
- Note: The program for students in Years 1 & 2 is a series of 4 sessions
- Dana Kerford will present the latest research on social-emotional learning (SEL), wellbeing, interpersonal skills, and the background research the supports URSTRONG’s strengths-based, Positive Psychology approach
- Involvement in the URSTRONG impact assessments, evaluation, and data analysis (currently being conducted in partnership with Simon Fraser University in British Columbia, Canada)
- Extensive training on the in-school curriculum, including best practices and common questions
- Morning tea, lunch, snacks, and drinks throughout the day
- Certificate of completion to hang in your school
- Ongoing support from Dana and our team of Presenters and inclusion in a private Facebook Group with other Friendology 101 instructors around the world
I have been teaching Friendology 101 to my 4th and 5th graders from the past several years. The curriculum is very easy to follow and understand. It gives you great examples to use during the workshops, valuable talking points, suggestions, handouts, activities, and even song suggestions so you can build a playlist. Friendology 101 has given my students the tools, confidence, and ability to solve problems and effectively communicate with their peers. They learn what’s “normal” in a friendship and are able to practice using different strategies through role-playing in a relaxed, comfortable, and safe environment. Year after year, my students have absolutely LOVED attending our sessions. Not only has it allowed them to bond and share a common language with each other, but it has also allowed me to develop a stronger connection with them as well. I am so thankful for what this program has provided for my students and for ME! They are definitely life-long skills that every child should use, and a curriculum that every school should have!
Please Note: This professional development event is designed for educators working in schools with students from Years 1 to 6 who are passionate about social-emotional wellbeing and character education. It is specifically designed for teachers who will be using our in-school curriculum, Friendology 101. Registration comes with one site-license (for one school) and our in-school programming must be delivered by qualified teaching professionals, as outlined in the Friendology 101 License Agreement. If you are a program leader, psychologist, counsellor, or coach who is not employed directly by a school, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to determine your eligibility.
- Early Bird : Please use discount code PDDAYEB during checkout to register for only $895.
- Registration Deadline: 16 March, 2018
- Refund Policy: Full refund if we are notified prior to 6 March, 2018. 50% refund if notified prior to two-weeks prior to the event. Refunds will not be issued if notified less than 7 days prior to the event.
- Discounted pricing offered to those schools who already have Friendology 101. Schools wanting to send more than one teacher also receive the PD rate of $395 for additional teachers. Please contact us at email@example.com to get a quote for your school!